- I like shows of people whose albums I like. Examples, solo trainwreck yet perfect Malkmus. Shambling Silver Jews. Destroyer.
- I like fun shows. Examples, Eels, Islands, the Hold Steady, Jeffrey Lewis.
- I like shows by great bands who are good live. Examples, Mission of Burma, Spoon.
- I like shows that are better than expected. Examples, Robyn Hitchcock (with Venus 3), Art Brut, Danielson.
- There are some bands I'll go see because they might be great. Example, The Fiery Furnaces.
Here are links to most of the shows that I seem to have blogged.
Last night's Spoon show.
In January we saw solo Malkmus at the knitting factory, playing requests.
Saw the Silver Jews twice, in New York in March and at the Pitchfork thing in summer.
Saw Islands twice. Once opening for Metric, once headlining.
Saw Belle and Sebastian and the New Pornographers.
Saw Fiery Furnaces twice. Once at Bowery, once at Webster.
Saw TV on the Radio twice. Once at Bowery, once at Prospect Park.
Saw Art Brut.
Saw Heartless Bastards.
Saw Hold Steady twice, at Warsaw and at Irving.
Saw Eels outside and free.
Saw Jens Lekman.
Saw Bookeaters with David Byrne, Sufjan and Long Winters guy.
Saw Mountain Goats.
Saw Robyn Hitchcock.
Saw Merge CMJ bands.