Wednesday, April 19, 2006

TV on the Radio, Celebration at the Bowery Ballroom

Last night I saw TV on the Radio (that link is official, but not too informative right now) and Celebration at the Bowery Ballroom. Celebration opened and was fun in an opening band kind of way. Dave S. of tvotr played for a bunch of their set.

Here's the label site for Celebration.

Celebration played their protest song but TVOTR didn't play theirs.

TVOTR sounded really good. They played a bunch of new stuff with the older stuff interspersed. The older stuff sounded more developed, but I didn't know any of the new stuff going into the show. But that sound...of all these indie-ish bands, this is a band that could play some big places and really fill it with sound. (Well, I guess they're going to get their chance...)The encore included a lost soul wandering the stage. It sounded like he'd won some kind of contest. Here are some flickr photos (not mine).

You can stream the entire first album here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went in not even liking them--and I ended up pretty much loving them. the streaming album isn't even as convincing as they are...and I listened to it like 3 times today. in a row. because it's VERY convincing. ...they're even more convincing live. as far as big sound and big places--when I clicked that link and saw nine inch nails I laughed and threw up.
and celebration?--I'm going to see them whenever I have the chance. because I'm in love with the singer.