Friday, December 30, 2005

Sorting out movies

I couldn't completely keep track of the movies I saw this year in the theater, but I searched back on the blog and at my moviefone/fandango receipts and came up with this list. I've sorted it all out into meaningful categories. Links to original bloggings where possible.

Some movies I saw this year:

Movies for which I am completely satisfied to have paid NYC ticket prices (and internet ticket fees, if applicable):
Me and You and Everyone We Know
The Squid and Whale
Corpse Bride
Broken Flowers
Grizzly Man
Junebug
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Batman Begins
Sideways
Thumbsucker

Waiting for renting would have been fine:

Palindromes
Mad Hot Ballroom
Fever Pitch
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Shopgirl

Movies that I probably would have liked less had I rented them, but the movie theater experience was OK with me on that night/looking back at that night:

Star Wars 3
Harry Potter 4
Fantastic 4


Disappointing:

everything is Illuminated


Things I didn't see, that maybe I will catch on video:
Walk the Line
Bee Season (expectations: low, based on what I've read)
Weather Man
Goodnight and Good Luck
MirrorMask
New York Doll
Syriana

(the last part is based on what I could remember and scanning a list over at the NY Times. I'm not so super current on movies, so recommendations etc are appreciated.)

No comments: