Saturday, October 15, 2005

The Squid and the Whale

We saw the Squid and the Whale. Here is the official movie site.

I enjoyed the movie. I guess sign Noah Baumbach up for that "new male infantilism" thing that linked Wes Anderson to Bright Eyes and Jonathan SF (I think...I had a hard time finding that article again).

Jeff Daniels has a nice beard. Overall the movie is good in that funnysad way.

Dean Wareham did the music. Listen to bits and pieces of the soundtrack here, which is actually fairly informative.

Glaring Continuity Error: in a scene set in Frank's school library, there is a far too recent of World Book encyclopedia. It's the kind that spells out World Book when all the volumes are in correct order. That was not the kind from the 80s, when they were all blue. Doesn't everyone know that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. all blue--like the ones in my school.
2. it would be funny if in the correct order they really spelled Wrold Book. [hahaha that would be somehow fitting in the trampoline library with marmalade]

blucarbnpinwheel said...

I should get a 24 hr window to fix typos...before I get called on it. blah.