Tuesday, January 01, 2008

My 2007 in movies

It turns out that I did not see as many 2007 movies as I thought I would see. If this list is to be believed, I saw about half as many movies in theaters as I did a couple of years ago.

Ranked most favorite to least favorite.

No Country for Old Men
Better than everything else.


The Darjeeling Limited
The only movie I've seen twice in the theaters for quite a while.
Zodiac
Ranks a lot higher than I thought it would. I also found out later that apparently a lot of CGI was used. This featurette is pretty impressive.
The Savages
Not really surprising in any way, but really quite good.
The Namesake
My mom liked it too.
American Gangster
About what I expected.
Juno
Not as good as I expected.
Sicko
Similar to pre Bowling for Columbine Michael Moore, to me, and therefore a bit more likable than more recent stuff.
The Lookout(saw this last night on cable)
Wasn't aware of it before seeing the on demand listings, pretty good.
Children of Men (I saw it in the theaters in 2007)
Didn't make a tremendous impression on me.
Harry Potter
It is what it is.
Knocked Up
The more I think about it, the less positive things I think about it.
The Simpsons Movie
Waste of money.
I wanted to see these but haven't yet:
Margot at the Wedding, I'm not there, Persepolis, Sweeney Todd

No comments: