Tuesday, August 28, 2007

here's a youtube advert for The Yiddish Policeman's Union.

From the British publisher, I'd assume. I'm kind of impressed that this was commissioned, but it's kind of a jr. high production and not too exciting.

also on youtube, Franzen and Chabon on the Simpsons.


I don't remember seeing this ever, which I guess makes sense considering the infrequency with which I've watched recent Simpsons seasons.

I saw the Simpsons movie some rainy day last week. I am surprised that the metacritic is as positive as it is...I suppose the reviews are sort of lifetime achievement awards for the Simpsons, because the movie was nothing too special. I'd thought that some of the hating I'd seen on the movie was probably overblown, but not really. Rated PG 13 for stupidity, not because of anything adult or clever. Probably this was a lot less for adults than the last 19 years of shows were...
Oh well.

Creating your Simpsons avatar on the movie's website is more fun than the movie. fun activity: find a friend and each make an avatar for yourself and friend. compare.

No comments: