Sunday, January 14, 2007

Currently listening to this stuff on my portable music playing device:

Oakley Hall
Gypsum Strings (2006)

M. Ward

Post War (2006)

Summer Hymns
Backwards Masks (2006)

Camera Obscura

Let's Get Out of This Country (2006)
Lloyd, I'm Ready to Be Heartbroken

Yo La Tengo

I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass (2006)

Jennifer O'Connor
Another Side of Jennifer O'Connor (2006)

Pavement
Live at the Palace April 21, 1994

Robert Pollard
Normal Happiness (2006)

I've been trying to catch up on last year's music. The Oakley Hall album is fun. The M. Ward "band" album is good but not quite as distinct and interesting as his earlier albums. The Summer Hymns album is a good addition to their discography. I like Camera Obscura better than recent and present Belle and Sebastian. The Yo La Tengo album is kind of YLT greatest hits but new songs...kind of covers their spectrum with new stuff and I like the pianoish stuff. The Jennifer O'Connor EP is good, as noted before. The Pavement show was a very nice addition to the Wowee rerelease. The Pollard album is also a bit better than his other recent doings.

No comments: