Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Recently acquired items, vol. 1

The Complete New Yorker DVD set.
This is pretty neat. I was fairly sold on the idea before asking for it as a birthday gift, but it seems to work pretty well. I haven't tried printing from it, so I suppose that is a big test that it hasn't necessarily passed yet.

Gigposters.com Playing Cards
I like those fancy show posters that seem to be in increased production these days. Only in Seattle have I seen these posters really used, but that doesn't matter too much. This is a set of cards that features artists from the namesake website. It's neat enough.

Bill Fay reissue cd's
So my way into Bill Fay was via Jim Orourke and Jeff Tweedy. And these reissues acknowledge their impact on the fact that they got reissues. There is some very nice stuff. And some overproduction in areas, but oh well. Download Jim Orourke doing Bill Fay's "pictures of adolph again"

Easy Vegetarian Dinners

I made this "Mixed Bean and Portobello Ragout" from this cookbook my mom gave me for my birthday. It was ok, a bit bland but edible.

No comments: