Sunday, June 12, 2005

While I do laundry

Today is parade day. Right now it is not too loud, because I think many are recovering from yesterday's festivities. With the rain, Third Avenue became swamped with all manner of paper, bottle and can products. As I walked home yesterday, I passed a liquor store giving away free samples of bacardi. When does that ever happen? Not directly related to the parade weekend (I think)was an interesting subway ride home from Indian food yesterday. Girl rollerskating up and down the car, two guys with excessively big fishing poles, and some irritating upper east side girls on their way home from the sophomore prom. Oh, and last night I stopped by Kim's. They had to handwrite my receipt because their computers were taken away.

Some links:
The NY Times also saw Spoon on Wednesday night.

According to this review the White Stripes still have it live.

There is now a tape deck for your computer.

Of course, the 5th grade test wasn't easier in an election year, was it?

Talking with Antony of Antony and the Johnsons

No comments: