Friday, June 10, 2005

I Want You To Stay Course; I Want You To Go

The second night of Spoon at Webster Hall showed a mixed-up setlist. It seemed like kind of a "B" set list, mostly because the previous night seemed to be delivered with authority. BD's voice was noticeably weaker; I was surprised that they played the new camera song with its falsetto. Although I guess that is the potential crossover hit song, so maybe they had to play it. They played a bunch of older songs and a bunch from Kill the Moonlight that they hadn't played the night before. I'm glad I went to both shows, but the first one was definitely more memorable. Spoon is playing the Siren festival in July. I'm sure it will be a challenge to actually see anything unless you get there at about 2 p.m. and camp out up front, or are one of those large obnoxious people who push others over who have been sunbaked for several hours before the big bands play. But it's free. Anyway, good luck to Spoon if they want to get huge. It's been fun seeing you.

No comments: