Saturday, June 04, 2005

James Yorkston at Mercury Lounge

Last night we saw Scottish folkie James Yorkston at the Mercury Lounge. I'd been hoping to see him for some time, but I heard he is scared of flying. Anyway, he played a set of things from his albums, eps and perhaps some new and trad stuff as well. I really enjoyed the set. I think JY enjoyed it too, as he commented on how nice it was to play to a crowd that was listening.

Here is James Yorkston's webpage.

Maybe you can listen to some songs from the record company.

Here's an article about James Yorkston : Quiet music. Quiet Approach.

Today it finally seemed like summer. The warmth was evident when I was out browsing at the Housing Works book fair.

Tonight is that Believer show. I wonder how it will be.

An article about Montreal bands that you may not have heard of yet.

In the NY Times, an article about "Coldplay, the most insufferable band of the decade" I don't like them, either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally didn't make it until 10pm. and now I have nothing to look forward to...just dumb work. ..sad.. that was not planning ahead.

Anonymous said...

notice how I left that at 10:04? ...that's because even though I knew there'd be nothing new, I kept letting myself return to check more of the links...so I've actually been here several times before 10... sad, again, in a different way. heh.