Monday, October 11, 2004

an update

I have been delinquint in posting to this weblog for a while. In the meantime, here are some things that happened/are happening.

I have been writing a paper about the Information Literacy Standards for Student Learning and their relationship to the standards movement and their implications on instructional theory for student research. Also I've been wrestling with the APA style manual.

I purchased some cd's, including a Vic Chesnutt reissue, the Rogue Wave, Brian Wilson's Smile, the new Interpol, the new Talib Kweli and a Polyphonic Spree cd that I maybe shouldn't have. A lot of those were used, so I hopefully I haven't been too wasteful.

My bank switched from being Fleet to being Bank of America. I don't like the new color scheme.

I am enjoying new episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent as well as watching the episodes on the dvd set I got for my birthday.

We saw the Huckabees movie on Saturday. I thought it was much better than the Eternal Sunshine movie, which I relate it to because they are vaguely similar.

I fell asleep during the debate on Friday. I couldn't be bothered to read the whole NY Times magazine article about Kerry. There is however a new ditty urging people to vote by Chris Stamey with Yo La Tengo.

I will try to catch up and put some of those fun hyperlinks in later.

No comments: