Saturday, November 24, 2007

Remember the attack on quirk? The Guardian blog gets around to a defense

Here's a Wes Anderson interview, covering both the Darjeeling Limited and Fantastic Mr. Fox

How involved are you in the actual animation process?

WA: My job is first to write the script, and then to record and edit the voices. And then I'm responsible for designing the environment and I have an art director I'm working with on that, costume designers and character designers. There are different people who are in charge of these departments. And then I work on planning the shots and the storyboards. There's a guy named Marc Gustavson who's the director of animation, and he's the one who really will take this puppets and make them seem alive and he oversees a team of animators. So I have my own ideas about what to do there, but he brings a great deal of experience into that and he's really the guy who's in charge when the puppets start moving around.

The Guardian on "the wall coming down" between comics and film

The Lavender Diamond girl is going to be in a Tom Hanks movie

Billy Collins wrote a poem about eating Fish, it's in the NY Times Magazine

My Thanksgiving was dominated by the sounds of Guitar Hero. (I didn't play it; my younger siblings did for about a day and a half non stop, and loudly.) Coincidentally, the NY Times Magazine has an article.

And the NY Times talked to Umberto Eco

Do you see yourself mainly as a novelist?
I feel that I am a scholar who only with the left hand writes novels.

I've got a bunch more tabs to close, but later...

No comments: