Sunday, June 10, 2007

Neil Gaiman on HG Wells

The Book Inscriptions Project


The NY Times on the White Stripes


Analyzing the recent 7 nights of Bright Eyes through charts and graphs


Translating Murakami: an Email Roundtable

check out correspondence between Murakami's translators

Daniel Handler on being rich:

Let’s start by saying I have a lot of money. I’ve acquired it by writing children’s books about terrible things happening to orphans, and this seems like such a crazy and possibly monstrous way of acquiring money that I give a lot of it away. I mean, I guess it’s a lot. Let me put it like this: My wife and I recently became obsessed with a Web site where you plug in the amount of money you made in a year and find out where you stand. If your salary equaled the amount of money my wife and I gave Planned Parenthood one year, you’d be in the richest 1 percent in the world, which is pretty great. Still, there would be 60 million people richer than you, and that’s a lot. They wouldn’t fit in your home, for example, even though you’d have the sort of home that only the top 1 percent of people in the world can afford.

No comments: