Saturday, May 27, 2006

movie, movie, movie

Last weekend I saw two movies that other people didn't like. We saw the Da Vinci Code. I hadn't read the book, but had seen the anti-Da Vinci Code tracts. I thought the movie was a 55 or 60 rather than a 46. Not completely terrible, but not fun or especially action packed.
Then we saw 12 and Holding, which I guess was loathsome to some. I didn't hate it, but it was certainly overly heavy.

Last night we saw X-Men 3. I was nervous after seeing the news about the production, reading about it and seeing the website. I am happy to say that it was really quite enjoyable. Things looked better in the movie than in still photos. Hopefully this is it for the current run of Xmen movies; they've killed enough characters off that any next episode would be too strange. I wouldn't mind seeing X-men rebooted in a dozen years, but right now there are a few enjoyable popcorn movies.

No comments: