Monday, November 21, 2005

make up

English reviews of the Brooklyn Follies, which doesn't seem to be out until after xmas in the u.s.
Sunday Times
Guardian

Lethem on Calvino (seen on Backwards City)

Sufjan talks to the English press so beloved by American grad students

We saw the Slavery in New York Exhibit at the New York Historical Society last weekend. It was very well done, so far as exhibits go.

Also saw Crash on dvd. It was pretty good. The main idea gets kind of hammered into you, but I guess that's why I saw Oprah liked it.

The weekend before (I think?) saw Shopgirl. It's all steve martin, except no one told him that you don't have to give your characters original names if you don't want to. I think it would have been better if he'd done the narrations in the first person. It was ok, but not as good as current phase Bill Murray.

I have been drinking too much tea. The local outlet of the national chain where I buy tea near work has one of those buy six get one free promotions. They don't like to punch your card in the morning, because I guess it slows down the line. At lunchtime, however, they really like to give you the card. Today I got a bonus punch, just because.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[not taking care of your faithful readers....]