Saturday, September 17, 2005

a belated happy Constitution Day to everyone

as per Sen. Byrd

Jim Derogatis talks to Sufjan Stevens. The Chicago Tribune has a bit more, as I guess SS was by the main city in the state of his last album.

the New York Times had a preview of CMJ, which is going on now, and I am ignoring by lack of attendance. Also on the NY Times site is a pseudo blog of comments about CMJ bands and whatnot.

here is an article about the Fiery Furnaces.

an interview with M.I.A.

Kristen Hersh has a blog
as does Camera Obscura who also have a fancy new homepage.

Dave Eggers writes about the opening of an 826 in Seattle.

Here is something on the Brief and Freightening Reign of Phil.

The Mendoza Line: New mp3
and a direct link to a Wolf Parade mp3 (so right click, or control-click or whatever)

So, comic guy Eugene Mirman has signed to Sub Pop. I hadn't looked at EM's site before but this thing about the anti-gay phone company is fairly incredible.

This article describes Guided by Voices as "up and coming". up and coming to what, I don't know. But the point of the article is to point you to this site where there are video treatments that include GBV and the Flaming Lips, paid for by Coke a Cola. But I don't think there is a whole lot of coke placement in the videos.

Lots of things happening that seem interesting. hopefully I will organize myself and partake. Happy Constitution Day!

No comments: