Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Double at the Seaport

On Wednesday night, we saw the Double with Tomorrow's Friend at the Seaport. The Double has a record coming out on Matador Records in September. They somewhat resembled fellow Matadorians Interpol in sound/aesthetic. They were simultaneously more and less rocking than Interpol. The vocals dragged it down a bit for me; I think if they integrated some other vocals they would excite me a bit more. Otherwise they seemed pretty good.

Here is the Double's Official Website

Tomorrow's Friend opened the show, but I think they played longer than The Double did. I think they probably had a pretty good 30 minute set in them, but they played a lot longer than that. The songs didn't seem fully worked out and were a bit too jammy. They also played a bunch longer than I think the Seaport people wanted them too. Which would be ok if they were playing some club in Brooklyn, but I think the Double had to cut their set short because of Seaport curfew type reasons.

Also, TF had a superfluous tambourine player. I don't mind extra tambourine players, but they should at least look somewhat happy to be on stage with their tambourine.

No comments: