Saturday, May 14, 2005

what you want

Someone should be interested in this: The Mountain Goats recording of a Silver Jews song is going to be put out with the next Believer music issue. There is going to be a show to promote this; $12 gets you a free copy of the magazine and cd.

Hey! That beulah dvd actually has a release date (august). It's cheap if you order now ($12.50).

They moved the books from the University of Texas Library.

The NY Times Book Review issue on Children's Books for Spring 2005 is online.

I might go and check out this exhibit about Malcolm X.

An article about that cartoon band, Gorillaz. More interesting to read about than listen to.

On June 4th, there is supposed to be an "Open Air Book Fair" at the Housing Works Used Book Cafe. I don't think there is anything online about it yet, but it should be good. Advertised: 30% off the book store inventory (proceeds go to Housing Works), live music, free coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are good!
I'm writing down the believer thing! maybe I'll go. and that reminds me--you get the believer in paper form, yes? do you archive it...keep a believer archive? catalog it? heh--if *not* can you maybe sacrifice the amy sedaris advice bits for my little m.?? and you kept me waiting so long for an update that I've followed almost all the links just now! man alive.